“A Creative Profile is a document, written by you, that reflects on the different aspects of your current ability to be creative.”
The questions within this creative profile are designed to address various facets of each unique person. There are no right or wrong answers: they are what they are. This document if for you to understand who you are, and who you are not.
Download a Creative Profile here: (Word Doc) KP-Creative-Profile-1
Read each question use the questions to get your thoughts moving in the direction by which the question is to be answered. Do not answer each question literally. Answer as accurately and honestly as you are able.
Document your answers and the date you recorded these answers. You can write as little or a much as you want, although the more you write the more you will know about your creative self. Push yourself to start with 3-5 sentences for each area of the creative profile.
- What is your motivation? Intrinsic (passion, belief) or Extrinsic (money, power)?
- Do you know what you want from your life?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your special purpose?
- Do you allow yourself time to explore your interests?
- Do you learn daily?
- Have fun?
- Are you satisfied?
- Do you want more?
- Management of Fear and Stress
- Are you able to manage fear and stress in your life?
- Does anxiety overtake you?
- Are you able to share your fears in a humorous light?
- Connection Breaking
- Can you accept when things don’t work?
- Can you be wrong?
- When is wrong acceptable?
- Can you be silly?
- Can you tolerate ambiguity, the unknown?
- Connection Making
- Do you enjoy new ideas, the unknown?
- Others ideas?
- Can you create absurd ideas at will?
- Creative Evaluation Capability:
- Can you identify merit in ideas?
- Others ideas?
- Do ideas have good parts, bad parts?
- Can you like an idea even if you don’t think it will work?
- Can you find answers to problems you don’t know anything about yet?
- Are you creative?
- Tell me why (self-confidence) I should think you are creative.
- Can you listen to criticism without it creating fear?
- Ability to Innovate
- Can you get others to follow your ideas?
- Can you accept a compromised idea?
- Can you identify and idea and get an idea to work?