Ideahaus is expanding, and we need a great Copywriter.
A creative communications agency with offices in San Diego and Pittsburgh, Ideahaus helps clients figure out what to say and how to say it to their target markets. Currently, we’re helping a national franchise client accomplish this goal, and we need your help.
Ideahaus is currently looking to contract an experienced part-time Copywriter to work with a variety of clients including a national client who has franchise offices throughout the United States. This individual should have at least 3-5 years experience. Client service and attention to detail is a must. We expect needing 15 to 25 hours per week, based on client demand.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- Write clear, concise, and strategic messaging (including emails, press releases, promotions, direct mail pieces and other marketing materials) that drive business results, support key marketing initiatives, and inspire action
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of all communications—marketing, branding, advertising, sales, events, public relations, Internet, social media, and more—and an ability to evaluate clients in those areas
- Write industry-centric copy that uses the appropriate voice for a particular industry/client
- Condense significant amounts of messaging into succinct communications
- Continually ascertain workflow efficiency and accurate completion of projects according to deadlines
- Edit as needed, checking for formatting, grammar, punctuation, spelling and adherence to branding guidelines
- Work closely with the creative team and clients alike—taking direction as needed—to deliver engaging, effective copy
- 3-5 years of marketing-based copywriting experience
- Ability to convert creative concepts into strategic copy
- Superior language, grammar, and creative writing skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an internal creative team
- Solid research skills and ability to synthesize and summarize key information
- Excellent project management skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively multitask under pressure
- Ability to complete projects efficiently with minimal direction when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (in advertising, marketing, journalism, marketing, PR, communications, English or related field preferred)
- Experience in the franchise sector (preferred but not required)
The work offers high levels of responsibility. Tight client deadlines require an ability to work under pressure, but this can also provide a real buzz to the working day. Experience with franchises is a bonus.
Applicants located in Pittsburgh or San Diego preferred but not required. This position allows for telecommuting.
Hourly rate to be between $30 and $50, commensurate with skill sets, professional experience, and education. Advancement opportunities with this position include additional hours and raises in hourly wages.
Apply for this position through LinkedIn. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.